Knit Along With Me
Name:
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey, United States

Married, 4 children, 11 grandchildren. Most important thing to happen lately - I found out I have two brothers and a sister in Texas - hurray - I'm not an only child anymore. I've met them and love them all. I now have nieces, nephews, and GREAT nieces and nephews. God is good!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Day One - What Not To Expect

OK, so there's a negative conotation in there but it's the simple truth. I won't be posting daily - don't have that many words in my head for an entire day so I gotta keep some around for an emergency!

Alrighty then - on to the positive stuff. I can't post pictures of all the things I'm working on because it would take up all the bandwith alloted for me and all the other bloggers here! I'm the BEST starter in the world (notice the absence of the word finish). The sobs coming from the UFOs in my bins eventually subside to a whimper and then I can't hear them at all. It's probably because they've been smothered by new acquisitions. It's a sickness that I can't seem to cure. I LOVE yarn, and needles, and gadgets. It's pretty sad when yarn store owners in other states are on a first name basis with you! I get so enthusiastic about a new project but once I've conquered the new technique or pattern - it loses its appeal. I do much, much better if I'm in a knit-a-long with real live people.

Over the weekend my knitting buds and I went to the AC Moore Knitting Party - what fun, I entered my socks but coudn't stick around to find out who won. I had places to go, people to see, and things to do. Now just what do you think they were LOL. It was our monthly day in Staten Island. First stop the card show at Mount St. Lorretto; up next is The Yarn Girl and last but not least the best Italian restaurant we've dined at in a very LONG time - Il Pomadoro on Hylan Blvd.

I'll be posting pictures of finished objects and works in progress soon. I have to prove to some folks that I really do knit :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Jody said...

I'm so excited you finally started a blog! I'll be checking in often so you'd better be posting on a semi-regular basis...be warned...it's kind of adictive! Congradulations!
~Jo

8:58 AM  
Blogger zoesmomdebbie said...

Those socks really rock! I'm so glad you won. They are beautiful.

4:32 PM  
Blogger The Knitter said...

Did you recognize the dresser LOL???

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home