Knit Along With Me
Name:
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey, United States

Married, 4 children, 11 grandchildren. Most important thing to happen lately - I found out I have two brothers and a sister in Texas - hurray - I'm not an only child anymore. I've met them and love them all. I now have nieces, nephews, and GREAT nieces and nephews. God is good!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Not much doing today

Dinner last night with some former coworkers was so relaxing. I miss them so much. We were really a tight knit (oh, I really don't believe I just said that) group. We get together every four to six weeks or so and bring each other up to par on what's been happening in our lives - they're like extended family. Only one of us has found a job so far - not a good sign. Know anyone who wants to hire an aging, smart, witty, charming, loyal employee? Me neither...

Rather boring day today but tomorrow looks promising. I think I'll get to knit with some friends and sip coffee. I'm going to bring my new wooden swift with me so I can wind some of that yummy yarn that arrived. It's going to receive my full attention (at least one skein anyway). I really, really want to swatch this. OK - pick yourself up off the floor and stop laughing - words I never thought would escape my mouth have been spoken willingly. As long as it knits nicely I think this will turn out to be one of my favorites. At least until Saturday that is. I can hear the yarn calling to me from Wooly Monmouth and The Knitting Gallery - "pick me, pick me". Saturday's schedule will be a yarn store, lunch, another yarn store, a bead store (maybe), and then knitting and fondling the yarn that's bought. I know, I know, it sounds grueling but someone's got to do it - I'm up to the challenge! And I have a wonderful support group to cheer me on.

The highlight of my day was my mystery shop - they actually pay me to shop - imagine that! I evaluated the store and did my food shopping at the same time. As if shopping for food isn't enough - later in them month they're going to PAY ME to shop for SHOES! It just doesn't get any better. I'm blessed, truly blessed - paid to shop for SHOES! I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Nope - I'm wide awake! Being unemployed does have it's benefits albeit little ones, like being able to mystery shop and not having to get up until the dog licks my eyes - did I tell you he's very smart? When he decides it's time to rise and shine that's what he does licks my eyes until they pop open LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home