Knit Along With Me
Name:
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey, United States

Married, 4 children, 11 grandchildren. Most important thing to happen lately - I found out I have two brothers and a sister in Texas - hurray - I'm not an only child anymore. I've met them and love them all. I now have nieces, nephews, and GREAT nieces and nephews. God is good!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Quest for Employment

I've actively started to search for employment. Today was my first experience with a recruiter. She telephoned me last evening with this "wonderful" job opportunity and could I come in to speak with her. Little lamb that I am, I dutifully drive to Bridgewater, take all their tests, fill out all their forms, give them all my references and lo and behold - the company isn't accepting new resumes. They ended the first round and will evaluate the applicants they have. My naivety never ceases to amaze me (and probably lots of other people too!) The old "bait and switch" happening here! Oh well, everyone has to start somewhere, right!

All this preparation seriously cut into my knitting time. I had to go to bed early, rise early, drive a long distance and all for naught! If I were sitting here knitting I would have at least accomplished something even if it was several trips to the frog pond LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home