Knit Along With Me
Name:
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey, United States

Married, 4 children, 11 grandchildren. Most important thing to happen lately - I found out I have two brothers and a sister in Texas - hurray - I'm not an only child anymore. I've met them and love them all. I now have nieces, nephews, and GREAT nieces and nephews. God is good!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Yarn Meter???

wool and silk yarn
wool and silk yarn
yarn meter

Ok, I'm cheap, I admit it. My daughter would tell you I don't pay full price for anything which is almost true. J over at Knit N Things is going to do the Mystery Shawl 3 with me. I go on line, find the yarn for cheap (cheaper I should say) and purchase a pound (yes, a pound). It arrives and it's beautiful except I'm now in a dilemma over how to split the cone in equal amounts. I'm not about to spend $50.00 on a yarn meter but thanks to a knitting friend I don't have to! I took a trip to Tackle and Things and purchased the same meter for $10.99. OK, admittedly it's not that easy - I now have to enlist the help of DH to actually MAKE the holder for the meter (see pics). Another trip to Home Depot and, voila, all the necessary pieces are sitting on the dining room table. Since we're supposed to be snowed in tomorrow HE should have lots of time to work on this. I have to give J her half on Monday, I'm sure she's anxious to swatch :-)

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take pictures before I start winding off for J - isn't it pretty! I think the color is called Claret and it's just gorgeous. It's wool and silk - does it get any better than this. I CONFESS already - I'm a yarnaholic and I can't help myself. Do you think they have support groups for knitters like me? If they do I don't want to know - I'm perfectly happy collecting all this yarn so when I retire and I'm poor as a church mouse I'll still be able knit with yummy yarn!

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Nice job, D.

11:11 PM  
Blogger ~Jody said...

They charge 40 extra dollars just for the holder do-hickey??? Wow thank goodness for them fishermen & the hubby too!! Tell him I said THANKS!!!
~J

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could put that together for you, if you don't mind waiting three days and listening to lots of really, really bad language. :-)

3:38 AM  
Blogger The Knitter said...

At least you wouldn't have a problem fitting it in the back of your SUV!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home