Knit Along With Me
Name:
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey, United States

Married, 4 children, 11 grandchildren. Most important thing to happen lately - I found out I have two brothers and a sister in Texas - hurray - I'm not an only child anymore. I've met them and love them all. I now have nieces, nephews, and GREAT nieces and nephews. God is good!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Back from my hiatus :-)

Haven't updated for a few days because I've been unusually busy. I had lunch with a former boss I haven't seen in 10 years, mystery shopped two stores, stopped by the Friday afternoon knitting group, and knit! I also had an e-mail conversation with someone from my high school days. I was amazed at how well they remembered me. They mentioned some things that had been long buried in the back of my mind, somewhere in the archives under "the good old days". A questionnaire had been sent to me and in turn I asked him what he remembered. Example: "Do you remember one of the first things I said to you?" - answer - the door's still open. OK, OK get your mind out of the gutter - we were kids! We were playing spin the bottle and, of course, privacy was of great concern so where do all kids go to get away from prying eyes - THE CLOSET! Apparently, the door wasn't closed all the way - what a thing to remember - I had forgotten sitting on the floor of my friends enclosed porch and playing this game - he brought it all back with great clarity, including the fact that I had the decency to take the gum out of my mouth before kissing him LOL :-) Then he closed the e-mail with "My daughter and granddaughter are coming for dinner and I've got to get the chicken going". WHOA - daughter, granddaughter, dinner - couldn't possibly have been that many years ago we were playing spin the bottle! Ah, the simplicity of life when you're young and how quickly the time goes by.

OK - obligatory knitting info - MS3 has been added to the "on the needles" group. I'm more confused than when I was swatching. If I print much more info I'll have to run to the store for paper! I also ordered the pattern, yarn, and beads for the Frolicking Shamrock Knitalong that starts 2/24. Can't let Saint Patrick's Day go by without showin' the green ya know!

One more note - my DS is having surgery to have her ankle and foot fused together. They will also break her leg to make it shorter because with the fusing it will be longer than the other leg. Please remember her in your prayers. I wish I could be with her to help during her recovery but my BIL, two brothers, and SILs will be there. She'll be surrounded by lots of love!

1 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Look who's on hiatus again... ;o)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home